Judge: Amanda Jaret (Binghamton University)
Resolution: RESOLVED: The United States Federal Government should ban all testing that requires the use of animals.
|Click to begin|
Click on the other tabs to watch watch that speech.
Posted at N/A by Nick Julian
1) Russell & Birch, 1959 (The Principles of Humane Experimental Technique, Chap. 4, retrieved from Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, http://altweb.jhsph.edu/pubs/books/humane_exp/chap4d, April 16, 2013)
2) Vicki Robinson, Dec 2005 (School Science Review, Dec 2005 87(319) "Speaking of Research"
3) CW Stratton, Nov 2006 (Medical Clinics of North America Journal, Nov 2006, retrieved from NIH.gov, April 2013)
4) Helen Marston, June 2011 (New Internationalist magazine, June 2011)
5) Hartung & Hoffman, March 2009 ("Food for Thought... on In Silico Methods in Toxicology", ALTEX Conference Proceedings, March 2009)
6) Pippin & Sullivan, April 2013 (http://pcrm.org/research/animaltestalt/animaltesting/dangerous-medicine-examples-of-animal-based-tests, retrieved April 17, 2013)
Posted at N/A by Matthew Bennett
Psychology study - http://blog.lib.umn.edu/chamb169/myblog/2011/09/peta-falls-prey-to-the-confirmation-bias.html
de Certeau, Michel. The Practice of Everyday Life, trans. Steven Rendall, University of California Press, Berkeley 1984
Giorgio Agamben, professor of philosophy at the University of Verona, Homo Sacer, 1998, pg. 139-140
Dillon 1999 [Michael, Another Justice, Political Theory 27:2]
Ajana, Professor of Philosophy -London School of Economics, 2007
(Btihaj, Surveillance and Biopolitics Electronic Journal of Sociology, http://www.sociology.org/content/2007/__btihaj_surveillances.pdf)
Nadesan, Professor of Communication Studies at ASU, 07 (Majia, Governmentality, Biopower and Everday Life. Pg. 53) PMK
This match has been completed. Show the Decision.
Submitted at N/A by Amanda Jaret
The decision is for the Proposition: Nick Julian
Reason for Decision:
The proposition has posted a video that the opposition failed to respond to within the time constraints. As such, the proposition wins by default.
Director of Speech & Debate at Binghamton University