Judge: Taina Diaz (Binghamton University)
Resolution: Finals Week: This House Believes that Animal Testing Should be Banned.
Vernon Jay Tan
|Click to begin|
Click on the other tabs to watch watch that speech.
Posted at May 18, 2020 02:51:14AM EST by Vernon Jay Tan
Check the description for the script of the speech to guide you. Thank you and good luck :))
Posted at May 20, 2020 05:38:57AM EST by Vera Tolari
- Mitch Jacoby 03/20/2020 (Chemical & Engineering News Vol. 98, Issue 12, "As nuclear waste piles up, scientists seek the best long-term storage solutions") https://cen.acs.org/environment/pollution/nuclear-waste-pilesscientists-seek-best/98/i12
- BBC News 03/02/2005 ("Waves 'brought waste to Somalia'") http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4312553.stm
- Voice of America (VOA) 10/31/2009 ("UN: Nuclear Waste Being Released on Somalia's Shores After Tsunami") https://www.voanews.com/archive/un-nuclear-waste-being-released-somalias-shores-after-tsunami
- Greenpeace ("Nuclear Energy: Nuclear power is dirty, dangerous and expensive.") https://www.greenpeace.org/usa/global-warming/issues/nuclear/
- Global Wind Energy Council and Greenpeace 05/2014 ("Energy [r]evolution: a sustainable USA energy outlook") https://www.greenpeace.org/usa/wp-content/uploads/legacy/Global/usa/planet3/PDFs/Solutions/Energy-Revolution-2014.pdf
- Stephen Pope 09/25/2019 (Forbes, "Shares In EDF Collapse Amid Mounting Costs And Falling Profits") https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephenpope/2019/09/25/shares-in-edf-collapse-amid-mounting-costs-and-falling-profits/#6788bdce7072
- Union of Concerned Scientists 07/21/2019 ("The cost of nuclear power") https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/nuclear-power-cost
- US Government's Accountability Office 2019 ("Disposal of High-Level Nuclear Waste" Key Issue) https://www.gao.gov/key_issues/disposal_of_highlevel_nuclear_waste/issue_summary?mod=article_inline#t=0
- David Biello 01/28/2009 (Scientific American "Spent Nuclear Fuel: A Trash Heap Deadly for 250,000 Years or a Renewable Energy Source?") https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/nuclear-waste-lethal-trash-or-renewable-energy-source/
This match has been completed. Show the Decision.
Submitted at May 21, 2020 07:34:01AM EST by Joe Leeson-Schatz
The decision is for the Opposition: Vera Tolari
Reason for Decision:
The proposition didn't post a video by the deadline, resulting in a forfeit.