Binghamton Speech & Debate
Welcome to the new Binghamton Speech and Debate Website!
Posted by Brandon Evans on September 7, 2013
After a month of re-structuring, the new Binghamton Speech & Debate Website is here! We have a plethora of new features and content to offer to the debate community:
- We now have a Videos section containing lectures and live policy debates. With Scott Odekirk's permission, I have recovered most of the videos from the now defunct puttingthekindebate.com blog and ported them to this section. More content will be produced and distributed as the year continues.
- The Speed Drill Tools have been expanded upon. In addition to the implementing a font for the read text that looks like Verbatim underlining, I added an option to highlight a percentage of the text randomly. This can allow for new kinds of speed drills that were impractical previously, especially when permuted with the other options (List the words backwards, show every other word, and put a word between every other word).
- I have created a web-based and lightweight Speech Timekeeper that allows you to time speeches and keep track of prep time without any download or installation whatsoever. It can be used both on the web-page and in a stand-alone pop-up window. It is highly modelled off of Debate Synergy Timer 1.5, which is the one that is typically included with Verbatim installations.
- Among other information about our organization, we have added details on how to participate in our Online Interlinked Curriculum. This program allows colleges and high schools around the world to provide an online debate course with interaction between each institution, potentially including an inter-class debate tournament at the conclusion. We are accepting applications for Spring 2013!
Our next phase will consist of creating the ability for debaters to challenge and set up debates with their peers on the fly. These "Call-Out Debates" will support both the classic, five speech format we used for our 1st Annual Online Debate Tournament, in addition to policy debate and individual events. You can expect this feature to be available somewhere in the middle of the fall season. Of course, we have many plans for hosting future tournaments on this system, but will save the details until they are finalized.
Executive Vice President and Technical Administrator of Binghamton Speech & Debate
Thank you for sharing in this article, I can a lot and could also be a reference I hope to read the next your article update
- Mas Brey on November 26, 2018 at 09:53PM EST
Its such a great info. I love you Brandon! - RobertThomas51 on January 16, 2017 at 09:15AM EST
Please Create an Account or Log-In to post comments.